- Defense of civil lawsuits based on negligence, premises liability, and products liability.
- Commercial Litigation involving insurance coverage, indemnity agreements, leases and other contracts, business transactions, and governmental regulations.
- Significant practical experience with employment law, OSHA and workplace safety violations.
- Over 30 jury trials including wrongful death and personal injury cases, claims of sexual misconduct, wrongful termination, bad faith insurance claims, and contract disputes.
- Hundreds of courtroom hearings.
- Legal counsel for national grocery stores, retailers, and recreational youth organizations.
- 42 U.S.C. § 1983 lawsuits – Qualified Immunity defense of law enforcement officers in “color of law” claims.
- Malicious prosecution, false arrest, and false imprisonment claims.
- Pharmacy misfilled prescription cases.
- Pre-lawsuit crisis management for death or catastrophic injuries.
- Construction related litigation, including surety bond claims, liens, and other collection issues.
- Martindale-Hubbell - AV Peer Review Rated
Mississippi State University
Bachelor of Science, May 1988, Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Economics, Outstanding Senior Student Award
- Student President, College of Agriculture
University of Mississippi School of Law
Juris Doctor, May 1991
- Chairman, Honor Council
- Chairman, Moot Court Board
- Chairman, Trial Competition